Are you familiar with astrology and you know where the stars and the planets are and how they move around the solar system? If you are, then you have the basic ideas of astrology. Astrology affects the way that people behave but did you know that there are different types of astrology?
In todays world there are more than 10 different kinds of astrology that people practice, and these do not even include the ones from historical traditions.
Most people and cultures have used some kind of astrology from the Aztecs to the Incas. No matter what kind of astrology you believe in, there are three that are major including:
- Western or Tropical
Each of these astrology types can be used when you do a psychic reading.
Western or Tropical
Western and Chinese astrology are very similar to each other because they are based on 12 different signs and symbols that have different meanings and when you were born. The practices are different though and here are some practices of the Western astrology:
- Discovered by the Greeks and Babylonians more than 2,000 years ago.
- Believed that the Earth and the Sun are most important.
- Uses the Tropical Zodiac because of how close the sun is to the earth.
- Uses the Tropic of Cancer and the Tropic of Capricorn
- There are 12 signs including: Scorpion, Sea-Goat, Water Bearer, Fish, Ram, Bull, Twins, Grab, Virgin, Scales, Lion, Centaur.
- The 12 signs are for each month of the year and there are different constellations that are named after these signs.
- They believe that people born in the same months are similar.
- The calendar looks like a regular calendar.
- The zodiac stars are known as sun signs.
- The Vernal Equinox happens in the Spring.
- The planets are used in Western Astrology and they help to motivate the way that people act.
- The system uses 2 moon nodes.
- There are four elements in each astrological sign that works with earth, fire, air, and water.
The Chinese zodiac is seen at most Chinese restaurants and this is how their astrological system works. For example, if you were born in 1978, you are a horse. Here are some other things about the Chinese astrology:
- There are 12 signs including Pig, Dragon, Ox, Rat, Rabbit, Tiger, Snake, Horse, Goat, Rooster, Dog and Pig
- The 12 signs are believed to be created by God because there was a race.
- Each zodiac animal has a specific months and some are related to 2 out of the 24 terms of time.
- People that are born in certain years have similar traits.
- The Chinese use three keys to know your sign including your birth hour, month, and date.
- They use the lunar phase of the time you were born.
- There are four moon phases including full moon, waxing moon, waning moon, and new moon.
- Each phase of the moon can determine your personality.
- This has five different elements such as fire, earth, metal, water, and wood.
- Animals are on 12-year cycles and the zodiac cycle lasts 60 years.
Vedic astrology is also called Jyoti’s and it means “science of light.” This is one of the oldest kind of astrology and comes from around 2,000 BCE. This has a reputation to be spiritual and to be able to make predictions from these practices.
- Uses modern day names.
- Known as Hindu or Indian astrology.
- Planets are part of the karmic soul.
- Karma is the central theme.
- Karma can affect you negatively or positively.
- Incorporates medicine, gemstones, yoga and more.
- Uses Sidereal zodiac or the stars.
- Vedic practices do not believe there is a relationship between the earth and the sun.
- Uses planetary periods.
- Uses to make predictions.
- Can be used for psychic readings to determine a person’s career, life, health, and love.